Destructoid reports that a Nintendo of Europe Newsletter may have leaked the release of Mario Kart 8. The newsletter narrows down the release of Nintendo ‘s flagship kart racer for sometime in April 2014.
Nintendo played it somewhat safe at this year E3, showing off games that where a little all too familiar. However, these are all games that Nintendo needs and are guaranteed to sell well. I find it disappointing that Mario Kart 8 is not coming out during the holiday season. For now all Nintendo has for the Wii U is Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101 and a few other games. Hopefully this holiday lineup is enough to gain interest in the Wii U until more games come along.
The Special E3 Nintendo Direct streamed this morning with the announcement of a handful of games and information on some we already knew about. I expected Nintendo to blow our socks of with whatever they had to show and I just didn’t get that feeling. It seemed like they played it too safe and stuck to their guns. Anyway, here are the announcements from this morning’s presentation:
- Pokemon X and Y releasse October 12, 2013 worldwide for the 3Ds.
- A new fairy type pokemon has been announced, this is the 18th Pokemon type
- Super Mario 3d World announced for the Wii U, releasing around December 2013
- Mario Kart 8 Announced with hover cars, set to drop spring of 2014
- Wii Fit U and Wii Party have been delayed
- Art Academy announced for Wii U
- Zelda Wind Waker HD release October in West and September in Japan
- Wonderful 101 has 5 player Co-op
- Retro’s new game is another Donkey Kong for the Wii U, titled Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
- Smash Bros. debuts with returning characters Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Star Fox and Pit. New Characters include Villager from Animal Crossing and the Blue Bomber himself Mega Man. The games won’t be out until sometime in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS.