Whoa, how did I forget about this one. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is the official sequel to A Link to the Past and wow, does it look amazing. When you talk about an evolution of classic Zelda gameplay, this is it. Not since Super Mario 3D Land have I since a game that might actually make great use of the 3DS’ 3D feature.
Look forward to The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds this November.
The Special E3 Nintendo Direct streamed this morning with the announcement of a handful of games and information on some we already knew about. I expected Nintendo to blow our socks of with whatever they had to show and I just didn’t get that feeling. It seemed like they played it too safe and stuck to their guns. Anyway, here are the announcements from this morning’s presentation:
- Pokemon X and Y releasse October 12, 2013 worldwide for the 3Ds.
- A new fairy type pokemon has been announced, this is the 18th Pokemon type
- Super Mario 3d World announced for the Wii U, releasing around December 2013
- Mario Kart 8 Announced with hover cars, set to drop spring of 2014
- Wii Fit U and Wii Party have been delayed
- Art Academy announced for Wii U
- Zelda Wind Waker HD release October in West and September in Japan
- Wonderful 101 has 5 player Co-op
- Retro’s new game is another Donkey Kong for the Wii U, titled Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
- Smash Bros. debuts with returning characters Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Star Fox and Pit. New Characters include Villager from Animal Crossing and the Blue Bomber himself Mega Man. The games won’t be out until sometime in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS.