Sony starts off their Japan Press Conference by showing off the newly redesigned PS Vita. Coming in various different colors (Black, Yellow, Blue, Red, White, Gray), the new system will be 20 percent lighter, 15 percent thinner and have a battery life that is about an hour longer then the previous incarnation of the PS Vita.
The handheld will run for 19,929 yen, which is about $200 and come with 1 GB memory card. No word on if it is coming to the U.S.
I have a soft spot in my heart for the Digimon series. I dare say I even like it better than the more popular Pokemon series. The Digimon World games were always one the best parts of the franchise. Digimon World Re Digitize Decode is an expanded 3DS version of the PSP game that came out a year ago. It plays similar to the first Digimon World game that came out on the PS One more than a decade ago. So far the game is Japan only and it really makes sad, as I would love to play a new Digimon World game.
While most of content in this Japanese Pokemon X and Y trailer isn’t fairly new, there are some things in here we may have not seen yet. Like the customizing your character, horde battles, a closer look at sky battles and the PSS (Player Search System). They also show off the Xerneas-Yveltal Blue 3DS, one of two Japan only special edition 3DS’ coming out. The other being the Premium Gold edition.
Pokemon X and Y arrives October 12th worldwide.
Scorpions, Sword fights, Guns, Half-Naked 300 God King rip-off guy and Eye Laser, Bleeding Giant. Nuff said.
Killer is Dead comes out for Xbox 360 and PS3 this summer.
In development since April 2010, Nippon Ichi finally debuts gameplay footage of their upcoming action RPG Witch and 100 Knights for the PS3. Retaining the same quirky style and over the top gameplay of all other Nippon Ichi titles, look forward to Witch and 1oo Knights in North America sometime at the end of this year.
The Special E3 Nintendo Direct streamed this morning with the announcement of a handful of games and information on some we already knew about. I expected Nintendo to blow our socks of with whatever they had to show and I just didn’t get that feeling. It seemed like they played it too safe and stuck to their guns. Anyway, here are the announcements from this morning’s presentation:
- Pokemon X and Y releasse October 12, 2013 worldwide for the 3Ds.
- A new fairy type pokemon has been announced, this is the 18th Pokemon type
- Super Mario 3d World announced for the Wii U, releasing around December 2013
- Mario Kart 8 Announced with hover cars, set to drop spring of 2014
- Wii Fit U and Wii Party have been delayed
- Art Academy announced for Wii U
- Zelda Wind Waker HD release October in West and September in Japan
- Wonderful 101 has 5 player Co-op
- Retro’s new game is another Donkey Kong for the Wii U, titled Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
- Smash Bros. debuts with returning characters Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Star Fox and Pit. New Characters include Villager from Animal Crossing and the Blue Bomber himself Mega Man. The games won’t be out until sometime in 2014 for Wii U and 3DS.